Earth provides enough for everyone’s need, but not for everyone’s greed. We want our government to be at the service of both people and animals, and guided by compassion and sustainability. Providing aid to the poorest and victims of famine and violence is a matter of civilisation. Human rights should be respected. We want a transparent democracy in which the citizen’s voice is heard, animal rights are self-evident and it is not the right of the strong, but the interest of the weak that counts.
The society the Party for the Animals stands for gives priority to sustainability and compassion over short-term economic gain. It respects the freedom and privacy of its citizens and gives them a greater role in decision-making than banks, multinationals and lobbyists. We want governments to give both people and animals the opportunity to live a good and fulfilling life.
- 8 July 2020 Esther's Blog: The year of breakthroughs
- 16 June 2020 Esther’s Blog: Standing together against all forms of injustice loud and clearly
- 5 May 2020 Race to vaccine offers opportunity for animal-free research
- 11 February 2020 Party for the Animals places trade in wild animals as a cause of infectious diseases on the WHO agenda
- 11 February 2020 Party for the Animals proposes bill for fireworks ban
- 3 September 2019 Dutch and Portuguese parties for animals organise world conference to address eco-crisis