Animals are living creatures, not gadgets, toys or accessories and no products or means to entertain people. Animals deserve proper protection. This starts with the recognition of their rights and respect for their own nature and needs. It defines the limits of the purposes for which animals may be used.
We want to move away from the automatic assumption that animals can be used for just any purpose. Entertainment, sports, advertising purposes and fashion are not good reasons to use, harm or kill animals.
The welfare of animals is in peril due to the manner in which they are bred, traded, held and slaughtered. Any abuse or neglect of animals by humans calls for immediate and strong action.
- 30 July 2019 PftA wants an immediate ban on animal transport during heatwave
- 9 July 2019 Marianne’s Blog: Less meat, less heat!
- 25 June 2019 Party for the Animals calls for resistance to free trade agreement with South America which harms farmers, animals and environment
- 18 June 2019 Marianne’s Blog: Growing green resistance
- 31 May 2019 Mega loans to Ukrainian factory-farm MHP halted by The Netherlands
- 21 May 2019 Marianne's Blog: “May we have your votes, please?”
- 30 April 2019 Successful battle against import of animal suffering from Ukraine
- 23 April 2019 Spanish and Portuguese premiere of #Powerplant draws full houses
- 17 April 2019 Worldlog Marianne Thieme – leader of the Party for the Animals
- 12 March 2019 The Party for the Animals nominates Anja Hazekamp as European leading candidate