Animal Welfare Party
Established in 2006, AWP believes in a better future for people, animals and the environment. The party’s policies are aimed at creating a fairer, more equitable and sustainable society in which the interests of the environment, people and animals are all taken into account. Key policies include:
- Redirecting subsidies from livestock and fisheries farming to plant-based agriculture.
- Phasing out animal experimentation with binding targets for reduction and proper support for alternatives.
- Increasing penalties for those convicted of animal cruelty.
- Promoting healthy plant-based lifestyle initiatives in schools, GP practices and the workplace.
- Phasing out farming practices with poor welfare consequences for animals.
- 13 November 2021 Animal rights parties call for food revolution during global COP26 weekend of action
- 9 June 2021 Esther’s Blog: Lots of good news for the planet and all its inhabitants!
- 20 May 2021 Historic breakthroughs in legal protection of animals in the Netherlands and United Kingdom
- 30 April 2021 Esther’s Blog: Team Planet in action!
- 21 April 2021 New Zealand bans live animal export! Parties for the Animals worldwide push EU to follow suit
- 14 April 2020 New law in England cracks down on 'puppy farm' cruelty
- 5 March 2020 Esther’s Blog: Showing courage pays off!
- 17 December 2019 Animal Welfare Party triples its votes after UK general election
- 26 November 2019 Esther’s Blog: Worldwide attention for nature and animal rights
- 19 November 2019 Help the Animal Welfare Party bring compassion to UK General Election