Animal Welfare Party
Established in 2006, AWP believes in a better future for people, animals and the environment. The party’s policies are aimed at creating a fairer, more equitable and sustainable society in which the interests of the environment, people and animals are all taken into account. Key policies include:
- Redirecting subsidies from livestock and fisheries farming to plant-based agriculture.
- Phasing out animal experimentation with binding targets for reduction and proper support for alternatives.
- Increasing penalties for those convicted of animal cruelty.
- Promoting healthy plant-based lifestyle initiatives in schools, GP practices and the workplace.
- Phasing out farming practices with poor welfare consequences for animals.
- 23 november 2022 Ban on puppy farms in Australia thanks to Animal Justice Party
- 7 september 2022 Enormous success: over a million European citizens demand a Europe free of animal testing
- 31 augusti 2022 Spectacular animation “A Viral Spiral” wins prizes at film festivals around the world
- 13 april 2022 Entry 337153
- 13 november 2021 Animal rights parties call for food revolution during global COP26 weekend of action
- 9 juni 2021 Esther’s Blog: Lots of good news for the planet and all its inhabitants!
- 20 maj 2021 Historic breakthroughs in legal protection of animals in the Netherlands and United Kingdom
- 30 april 2021 Esther’s Blog: Team Planet in action!
- 21 april 2021 New Zealand bans live animal export! Parties for the Animals worldwide push EU to follow suit
- 14 april 2020 New law in England cracks down on 'puppy farm' cruelty