Animal Welfare Party
Established in 2006, AWP believes in a better future for people, animals and the environment. The party’s policies are aimed at creating a fairer, more equitable and sustainable society in which the interests of the environment, people and animals are all taken into account. Key policies include:
- Redirecting subsidies from livestock and fisheries farming to plant-based agriculture.
- Phasing out animal experimentation with binding targets for reduction and proper support for alternatives.
- Increasing penalties for those convicted of animal cruelty.
- Promoting healthy plant-based lifestyle initiatives in schools, GP practices and the workplace.
- Phasing out farming practices with poor welfare consequences for animals.
- 14 April 2020 New law in England cracks down on 'puppy farm' cruelty
- 5 March 2020 Esther’s Blog: Showing courage pays off!
- 17 December 2019 Animal Welfare Party triples its votes after UK general election
- 26 November 2019 Esther’s Blog: Worldwide attention for nature and animal rights
- 19 November 2019 Help the Animal Welfare Party bring compassion to UK General Election
- 21 May 2019 Marianne's Blog: “May we have your votes, please?”
- 14 May 2019 How the Animal Welfare Party beat Labour and Conservatives in local elections
- 19 February 2019 European Parliament: stop animal transport to countries outside the EU