Worldlog Week 02 – 2010
Welcome back everyone. First off, I wish you all a sustainable and animal-friendly 2010. I truly hope that our combined efforts will lead to a society where compassion takes centre stage.
My own resolution for the year ahead is to step up my efforts in fighting the factory farming industry.
Having read the book Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer, I feel that we need to make a breakthrough quickly to end the suffering of animals, particularly those raised in a factory farm environment.
Jonathan Safran Foer and myself
copyright: Chris van Houts WWW.CHRISVANHOUTS.NL
What can you do?
- Try to convince opinion-makers in your country to draw up a manifesto against the factory farming industry.
- Find a publisher in your country that is prepared to translate and publish Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer or Eternal Treblinka by Charles Patterson.
- Try to convince food producers and retail chains in your country that they must shift to more animal-friendly produce and food products.
- Try to persuade politicians in your country of the benefits of having Meat Free Mondays.
- This year set up a Party for the Animals in your country if one does not already exist.
- Write to newspapers in your country clearly expressing your concerns about intensive factory farming.
I hope and believe that together we can achieve a lot. There’s never been a better time!
Once again, I’d like to wish you all the best for the new year and the best of luck in keeping your new year’s resolutions!