Animal Justice Party
Established in 2010, the Animal Justice Party represents the interests of animals in the decisions of parliaments throughout Australia. It currently has over 5000 members. The AJP had its first representative elected to the upper house of the New South Wales state parliament in March 2015. More elected representatives followed after that.
Key priorities of the party include: ending the live export of animals; ending the killing of protected native wildlife such as kangaroos; ending cruel ‘intensive’ farming practices such as battery cages and sow stalls and other practices; and recognising that positive human engagement with animals creates a stronger, wiser, respectful, compassionate and healthier community.
- 2 June 2023 Animal welfare successes in Australia thanks to Animal Justice Party
- 31 May 2023 Help end the killing of kangaroos
- 23 November 2022 Ban on puppy farms in Australia thanks to Animal Justice Party
- 16 November 2022 Ecocide and animal suffering a criminal offence? Support for Party for the Animals plans in the European Parliament
- 3 November 2022 Appeal to the European Union: end the kangaroo hunt!
- 5 October 2022 World first: affordable vet care for all in Australia
- 13 July 2022 Esther's Blog: Be a part of positive change!
- 23 February 2022 Stop the import of kangaroo meat and leather in Europe! Support for initiative Party for the Animals
- 1 December 2021 Esther’s Blog: Action, action, action!
- 22 September 2021 Ascending political ‘Parties for the Animals’ influence political debate worldwide