Animal Justice Party
Established in 2010, the Animal Justice Party represents the interests of animals in the decisions of parliaments throughout Australia. It currently has over 5000 members. The AJP had its first representative elected to the upper house of the New South Wales state parliament in March 2015. More elected representatives followed after that.
Key priorities of the party include: ending the live export of animals; ending the killing of protected native wildlife such as kangaroos; ending cruel ‘intensive’ farming practices such as battery cages and sow stalls and other practices; and recognising that positive human engagement with animals creates a stronger, wiser, respectful, compassionate and healthier community.
- 23 February 2022 Stop the import of kangaroo meat and leather in Europe! Support for initiative Party for the Animals
- 1 December 2021 Esther’s Blog: Action, action, action!
- 22 September 2021 Ascending political ‘Parties for the Animals’ influence political debate worldwide
- 30 April 2021 Esther’s Blog: Team Planet in action!
- 21 April 2021 New Zealand bans live animal export! Parties for the Animals worldwide push EU to follow suit
- 26 March 2021 Breakthroughs in animal welfare promotion thanks to animal parties in Cyprus and Australia
- 5 March 2021 Esther’s blog: Exciting elections and courageous people
- 10 February 2021 Esther's Blog: Letting go of old habits for a healthy society
- 20 January 2021 Party for the Animals calls for a European ban on mink farming
- 25 November 2020 Esther’s Blog: Idealism is the new realism!