PACMA, a Spanish party for the animals founded in 2003, bases its program on animal welfare, the environment and social justice. The party has been growing fast in every election.
PACMAs focuses on addressing - by legal and political means – for example animal abuses, cruel entertainment with animals, and unjust laws for animals. The party conducts awareness campaigns and public demonstrations (against Toro de la Vega , bullfights , San Fermin, etc. ). Moreover, PACMA researches and documents cases of animal abuse, making reports and dossiers, developing proposals for governments and legislative initiatives, etc.
- 9 February 2022 International protest against octopus farming led by Spanish Party for the Animals
- 2 February 2022 Esther’s Blog: Full steam ahead, for the animals and our planet!
- 14 December 2021 Stop cruel killing of parakeets in Madrid! Activists and Spanish animal rights party sound alarm
- 30 April 2021 Esther’s Blog: Team Planet in action!
- 21 April 2021 New Zealand bans live animal export! Parties for the Animals worldwide push EU to follow suit
- 8 April 2021 Help save 12,000 parrots in Madrid!
- 6 October 2020 Help prevent bullfighting from being included in the UNESCO Cultural Heritage List
- 7 April 2020 "The time is always right to do what's right": right now we need to support all vulnerable groups
- 12 September 2019 From ego to eco: political parties for animal rights organize successful world conference
- 21 May 2019 Marianne's Blog: “May we have your votes, please?”