Greek Party for the Animals
The Greek Party for the Animals was founded in February 2020 to address the destruction of nature and the large-scale negligence, abuse and exploitation of animals that takes place in Greece. We want to make animal rights a political issue in our country and the rest of the world and to combat acts and regulations that go against the well-being of animals, nature and the environment.
The party consists of a team of passionate people determined to fight for animal rights and the improvement of animals’ living conditions: stray dogs and cats, donkeys being used as transportation means, bulls and other domesticated animals being sacrificed at festivals, animals being slaughtered without anaesthesia. The main goal is to sensitize people about animals’ emotional status and their ability to suffer pain and distress. The party also aims to stimulate the transition to veganism by educating people about the benefits of a plant-based food system to people’s health and the environment.
- 21 June 2023 Greece, vote for compassion, vote for Green & Purple!
- 18 May 2023 Esther's blog: Multiple successes and solidarity with animal protectionists in Morocco and Greece
- 10 April 2023 Party for the Animals Greece welcomes first elected representative!
- 21 April 2021 New Zealand bans live animal export! Parties for the Animals worldwide push EU to follow suit
- 8 September 2020 Esther's Blog: Protecting human and animal health as much as possible
- 25 August 2020 New party for the animals in Greece and successes in Denmark, France, and Italy