Wanted: Events & Communications Officer for Animal Politics Foundation (16 to 20 hours per week)
The Animal Politics Foundation (APF) is the foundation behind the international political movement of the Dutch Party for the Animals. APF's objective is to anchor the rights of animals worldwide in democratic processes. It does this from a planet-wide vision that views the interests of humans, animals, nature and the environment in conjunction.
To this end, APF offers worldwide support, political education and training to people and organizations that are committed to the rights of animals and stand up for nature and the environment. APF offers support to for example 19 other parties for animal rights worldwide.
In addition, APF is building an international network of sister parties and organizations in order to strengthen the growing international political movement for animal rights and our planet.
We are looking for an enthusiastic organization and communications officer for 16 to 20 hours per week. Do you want to help realize a world that is guided by sustainability and compassion? Then this is your chance!
Overview of responsibilities:
- Practical support during organization of network meetings, lectures and conferences in the Netherlands and abroad
- Managing a network of voluntary translators; sending articles for translation, maintaining contact, making sure the team of translators stays complete
- Maintaining contact with our international network of political parties and organizations
- Contributing to press releases, flyers, social media and website content
- Handling incoming email and telephone calls
- Providing country information and information about elections worldwide
- Fluent written and spoken Dutch and English
- At least a completed higher professional education (HBO)
- Good communication and organizational
- You have affinity with animals, nature and the environment and you recognize yourself in the ideals of the Party for the Animals
- Computer literacy; good command of MS Office Suite, good social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) skills and preferably good command of photo-editing software like Photoshop
A dynamic position in a small but motivated team in which you can work for your ideals. The starting salary is around € 2400 gross for a working week of 40 hours. The APF is located in the historic heart of Amsterdam, a short walk from Amsterdam Central Station.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from everyone. We want a workforce diverse in for example age, culture, life experience and ability.
Send your motivation letter and resume before 15th of January 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org